Our Author Says:
- Did you need to self-publish on e-books before a publisher took you up?
I don’t see traditional publishing as a real goal for myself anymore. I know how to make a living as-is… That’s a big deal and I don’t want to screw with it 🙂
- Does writing provide sufficient income to live on? And how long did it take before this happened?
There’s a Facebook group called 20 Books to 50K which has a lot of detail on this. They’re like an online support system! I don’t use this model, but I’m currently self-sufficient at about 40 books.
- What is the funniest thing that happened to you on a book tour?
I brought along costumed characters from my book and had them talk up shoppers. Fun! See pic below.
- Which author had the most influence on your writing? Your writing style? Your writing genre?
The answer to all three: JRR Tolkien!
- In your opinion who is the funniest author now writing?
Can I list myself? Oops, I just did.
Christina Bauer, author (far right) does a book signing with two of her characters.
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too.
Christina graduated from Syracuse University’s Newhouse School with BA’s in English along with Television, Radio, and Film Production. She lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-insane golden retriever, Ruby.
Be the first to know about new releases from Christina by signing up for her newsletter: http://tinyurl.com/CBupdates
Web site: http://monsterhousebooks.com/authors/cbauer