Great fun to read and to learn the characteristics of most monarchs of these countries:
- Good at borrowing money and not paying it back;
- Bum at choosing locations for their country;
- Useless at managing a country;
- Unable to either defend against the various colonial empires or to sell their own country to these empires;
- Great at designing flags and uniforms.
So basically stupid, and worryingly, able to persuade people to get involved in their schemes, many of whom lost their lives due to famine, disease or other avoidable disasters.
Learnt something very interesting about the Vanuatu island and their hairless pigs, who are pseudo hermaphrodites – whereby the males have internal testes.
There is an article in 2006, by Lum et al in the PNAS journal, that days – pig is food in itself but is also a food storage unit, thus we obtain societal wealth and ecological balance by a form of competitive giving – of the pig.
Some pigs become ritual animals and are considered to have the equivalent status to a ‘man of title’ as they are very difficult to rear and being hairless suffer from sunburn. They are therefore extremely valuable in the pig hierarchy.