Interview – Christina Bauer, Author for the launch of Angelfire
- What is the funniest thing that happened to you on a book tour?
My old boyfriend came in to buy a book, so I hid in the bathroom until he left. Girl power!
- Or what is the funniest thing that has happened to you when writing / researching a book?
I do my own voices while I’m writing. One time in Starbucks, I did a scary voice and some guy dropped his latte. It inspired me to record my books as audiobooks.
- What do you read when you are ill in bed?
This book called Faeries that I first read as a teen. Always cheers me up.
- What is your favourite genre?
Paranormal fantasy romance.
- If you could recommend a living author – who would it be? A dead author?
JRR Tolkien. He’s only dead in theory, though.
- Which author had the most influence on your writing? Your writing style? Your writing genre?
Also JRR Tolkien.
- In your opinion who is the funniest author now writing?
I’m going with me here.
- Do you have any pets?
- If so, what are they?
I have a golden retriever
- And what are they called?
- Do they help you write? Eg our cats like to sit on my desk/computer and play with my mouse.
Ruby hangs out nearby and provides moral support.
- What is the funniest thing they have done while you are writing?
Ruby ate a bee once.
- If so, what are they?
There you have it, my interview for the launch of Angelfire! Thanks so much for having me stop by and I hope to see you on a future tour!
Angelbound Lincoln Series
Stories from the perspective of Mister the Prince
1. Duty Bound
Perfect for teen and young adult readers who want their book series to deliver: badass world building, angels, demons, paranormal romance, fresh themes from contemporary fiction, LOL romantic comedy, gods and goddesses, dark fantasy, strong girls and women as heroines, themes about loners and outcasts, the best laughs in humorous literature, general coming of age whackery, and (most importantly) truly unusual epic fantasy.
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too.
Christina graduated from Syracuse University’s Newhouse School with BA’s in English along with Television, Radio, and Film Production. She lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-insane golden retriever, Ruby.
Be the first to know about new releases from Christina by signing up for her newsletter: http://tinyurl.com/CBupdates
Web site: http://monsterhousebooks.com/authors/cbauer